Concrete Pressed Piers
When repairing foundations and examining soil charts in Texas, it can be noted that there are expansive amounts of clay soils that are very common to the DFW area. Because of this, Concrete Pressed Piers are the optimal solution for residential foundation repair around the DFW area! These piers are the quickest and most cost-effective solution to repairing your home. Concrete Pressed Piers are constructed from pre-formed cylinders that are pressed to refusal. They can be installed in both the exterior and interior of a home. If necessary, they can also be adjusted due to future movement.
- At each designated location of a pressed pier, a 2ft x 2ft hole is dug next to the foundation. The hole depth will be excavated 2ft below the grade beam/bottom of foundation.
- Next, pre-formed concrete cylinders will be placed, and then pushed with a hydraulic machine using the weight of the home at the grade beam to press cylinders to the point of refusal.
- Each pressed pier is fitted with a cap and the foundation is ready to be lifted using 20 ton hydraulic bottle jacks.
- Support Cylinders are set on top of cap- ready to be shimmed.
- Pier installation complete – holes are then back-filled.
Steel Piers are another option when repairing a slab foundation. These piers can be used in all the same instances as a concrete pressed pier and more. We recommend Steel Piers for commercial buildings, homes that require a high load bearing support, or more commonly, when the soil in the area consists of more sand, where a deeper pier depth can be gained. Steel piers also have the benefit of cutting through thin layers of harder strata between the clay layers, which can sometimes present a false point of refusal.
Installing a Steel Pier is performed exactly the same way as a Concrete Pier, with the exception that one (1) foot double walled sections of steel piping are used in lieu of precast concrete cylinders.
Our piers are backed by a Lifetime Transferrable Warranty that has stood the test of time! The Lifetime Transferable Warranty covers piers that we have installed on the property, and adjustments that can be made to those to help the home in a positive way.
Schedule Your No-Charge Estimate
Whether you are a homeowner or a realtor with deadlines, we are determined to make the repair process meet your every need. Contact us now and let’s get started!